Date: November 2, 2010
- Robin Graham, Associate Director of the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs
- Bora Un, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Preparation,Career Advising and Planning Services (CAPS)
- Members still expressed concerns about student demographics for the Class of 2014.
- Representatives from admissions will be at the November 16th board meeting to give more detailed information.
- Members discussed the accessibility of voting information on campus, and political awareness of campus.
- Emergency Grants
- Academic Support Grant
- Graduate School Preparation Courses (GRE, MCAT, LSAT, GMAT)
- Chicago Multicultural Connection Mentoring Program (CMC)
The OMSA Opportunities Blog is a blog dedicated to informing you about resources and opportunities. Have you visited it?
CAPS representative informed the Advisory Board of many of CAPS services. She also addressed several student concerns raised by the Board regarding CAPS.
- Bora presented information on CAPS's Chicago Careers Programsprograms that provide advising, preparation, and mentorship for students interested in future careers in Business, Law, Health Professions, Higher Education, Journalism, Art, Science /Technology, and Public/Social Service.
- Board Members expressed concerns with the effectiveness and structure of the programs, as well as their overall consistency with one another.
- Board Members expressed concerns with CAPS outreach to 1st year students. Bora discussed efforts being made to improve outreach to students, specifically RSOs.
- Board Members inquired about CAPS’ post-graduate successes.
James (Jim) G. Nordorf, Vice-President and Dean of College Admissions And Financial will be in attendance at the November 16th OMSA Advisory Board Meeting. Check back for updates!